West Core Drilling is Western Australia’s only specialist surface diamond drilling company
This allows us to focus entirely on optimising the outcomes of our client’s core drilling programs.
- BQ, NQ2, HQ and PQ coring
- Small footprint diamond coring for less environmental impact
- Shallow angle drilling (rigs can drill from 30 to 90 degrees with the same penetration rates at all angles)
- Triple tube HQ3 and PQ3 coring for geotechnical and metallurgical purposes or for drilling in less consolidated formations
- Substantial experience in drilling of iron ore
- 24/7 operations for optimum utilisation of resources
- Directional drilling
- Fully self-sufficient camping facilities for remote area work
Our staff have all undertaken the standard West Core Drilling induction process with on-going assessment of competencies in all aspects of the various on-site roles.
Operating in conjunction with this is the process of official accreditation for our drilling staff; once crew members have completed their probation they commence the skills assessment process leading initially to Certificate II in Drilling Operations. All our most senior crew members are now certified to either Certificate III or IV in Drilling Operations.
Our drilling crews are supported by an experienced, specialist drill fitter who spends 25% of his field time with each rig, helping to substantially improve preventative maintenance and reduce down-time. Support and mentoring of the crew is provided by both the General Manager and Supervisor who make regular visits to each rig.